How do I get a free quote or book a job?
- Choose a vehicle size - see below for help on choosing the right vehicle
- Select pickup location and up to eight delivery destinations
- Choose any extras you may need - see help below for who does the loading and offloading, floors to carry up or down and shuttle vehicle for housing complexes
- The final price for the job will be displayed on the "Job quote" page. This is the price you will pay. No surprises unless you choose to change the job details at a later stage. (See help below on how to copy, cancel & edit jobs.)
To save time on repeat jobs, you can copy any job in your profile, tweak it to match your needs and click “BOOK JOB” – all in seconds!
How to save Loadit to your home page or desktop
Shortcut on your Windows desktop:
- Resize your web browser so you can see the browser and your desktop in the same screen
- Highlight the full URL address http://www.loadit-app.com
- Click and hold on this highlighted URL, then drag to your desktop
Shortcut on your mobile (Android):
- Launch Chrome for Android and open the web page http://www.loadit-app.com
- Tap the menu button and tap "Add to homescreen". You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Shortcut on your mobile (iOS):
- Launch a browser on Apple’s iOS and navigate to http://www.loadit-app.com
- Tap the "Share" button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. It’s on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch
- Tap the "Add to Home Screen" icon in the "Share" menu
- Shortcut on your Windows desktop:
Who does the loading and offloading?
Your Loadit driver will assist in loading and offloading your goods. Need more muscle? No problem! Please book “Additional helpers” in the “Discounts & extras” page. For moving household goods we recommend the following helpers:
- 1 Ton Bakkie: 1 helper if you have stuff that one person cannot carry
- 1.5 Ton Bakkie: 1 helper if you have stuff that one person cannot carry
- 3 Ton Truck: 1 to 2 helpers depending on weight and size of load
- 8 Ton Truck: 3 helpers
How do I choose the right vehicle size?
1 Ton Bakkie:
- Max weight: 1000 kgs
- Load deck: 2.20m X 1.45m kgs
- Good for a double bed + single door fridge + washing machine + a few other things!
- All vehicles are open
1.5 Ton Bakkie:
- Max weight: 1300 kgs
- Load deck: 2.78m X 1.63m kgs
- Good for a double bed + two 2 seater sofas + washing machine + double door fridge + a few other things!
- All vehicles are open
3 Ton Truck:
- Max weight: 3000 kgs
- Load deck: 5.00m X 1.80m kgs
- 2 bedrooms + lounge + dining room + washing machine + double door fridge + other smalls.
- Contact our helpline to assist you if you specifically need an open or closed vehicle on this vehicle category.
8 Ton Truck:
- Max weight: 6800 kgs
- Load deck: 7.20m X 2.40m kgs
- Good for full content of most 2 to 3 bedroom homes.
- All vehicles are closed
All Loadit vehicles are equipped with blankets, ropes and (if open) a weatherproof tarpaulin.
- 1 Ton Bakkie:
How does a card payment work?
- When creating a job, you will be asked if you would like to pay by cash or card. On this page you will be given the option to add cards. Follow the wizard to load any cards you wish to use.
- The card payment will be processed on the day of the job once the driver has arrived, inspected the load and has started the job.
Please note: Loadit does NOT store your card details as this has been outsourced to DPO Paygate. Paygate is used by over 10 million card holders and is compliant with world class fraud management solutions.
How does cash payment work?
If your preferred method of payment is cash, please pay the driver cash. (EFT and other methods are not available.) You can pay the driver at any stage during the job, but payment must be made before the driver departs from his final delivery point.
How can I get my driver's contact details?
You will have access to your driver’s name and phone number on the web app for each specific job that you have created. This will be available to you approximately one hour before the pickup time you requested. If you need your driver’s details before this time, please contact Loadit by email or phone.
How do I copy, cancel or edit jobs?
- Sign in and go to the hamburger menu (top right, next to your name) and choose “My Jobs”.
- In “My Jobs” click on the job you want to copy, cancel or edit, then go to the bottom of the job detail and select the appropriate button.
- Make any changes you need to and then click on “BOOK JOB” on the last page.
Note: If a driver has already been assigned to this job (approx. 75 mins before the requested arrival time), you will not be able to edit the job, but will be able to cancel. If the driver is already on their way, cancellation fees will apply.)
What if I need a vehicle that is too big for my complex?
Our shuttle service on the “Discounts & extras” page takes care of your complex not allowing big vehicles in the gate. So order a large vehicle (3 Ton Truck or larger) that will stay outside and order a shuttle vehicle (1.5 Ton Bakkie) that will come in and ferry all your goods to or from the larger vehicle. Problem solved! (Please remember to order two shuttles if this is required on both pickup and delivery.)
Carrying up and down stairs from one floor to another?
If your job requires the Loadit crew to carry your goods up or down stairs, from one floor to the next, there will be an additional charge per floor. Please add this service on the “Discounts & extras” page.
(There’s no extra charge if there’s a lift that can fit your goods.)
How do the rates work?
You can get a free quote in minutes on the BOOK JOB section of the system, by clicking let's get started. (See the “How do I get a quote…” section above.)
The base cost of each job is built up using the vehicle size, distance and number of drops. Then any extras you need are added to this base cost. (e.g. Extra helpers over and above the driver, floors to carry up or down, shuttle costs, etc.)
Discounts on the base cost will be given to you if you book your pickup date and time (a) within normal working hours, being Monday to Friday between 07h30 and 15h30, and (b) on off-peak days of the month, which are normally between the 3rd and 25th of the month.
Does Loadit insure my goods?
Loadit is only able to offer goods-in-transit (GIT) insurance for our corporate customers at this stage. The Loadit team, however, will do their very best to ensure that your goods are safe and sound. If you would like your goods insured for the journey, this responsibility falls to you.